Atomic Secured Linux(ASL) is a complete security solution for our Linux servers. At the time of install it hardens server at kernal level and implement firewall rules, malware instruction detection tools etc. At this moment we will get a 10 Days free trial option after signing up and test it out the working. I have successfully installed the same on an amazon EC2 instance having Webmin installed and below are the steps followed.
- Logged in to the server I have and executed below command.
Initially I got the message as not able to install the ASL because the current kernal is not supported and its an outdated one even if I am using Centos7.
So I did an “yum update” in the server and its updated current kernal and also updated many packages in the server. After that I successfully started the ASL install.
- Hit any to confirm with ASL licence agreement.
- Type “yes” at stage “Do you Agree to these terms”
- In my case I have third party repositories enabled because I am using webmin. At the time of install ASL will not recommend the same and it will ask the permission to disable the same. So type “yes” at stage “Do you wish to allow ASL to disable these repos”
- Now the ASL tried to install the packages used by them and in my case I got below error.