EasyApache 4 is the new version released by cPanel. Its enabled by default if we install cPanel on a fresh server. By default there are few EA4 profiles. Now if we need to create a custom Profile in EasyApache 4 with our hosting name or another name below are the steps we need to follow.
- Go to the directory /etc/cpanel/ea4/profiles/
- See if there is a directory named “custom” in it. If not create a one.
- Now as per the cPanel docs the main point we need to remember is “To create a custom profile in EA4, you must create a JSON file with a structure”
- So what we did is copied default.json file from the directory
/etc/cpanel/ea4/profiles/cpanel/ in to /etc/cpanel/ea4/profiles/custom/.
- After that renamed the default.json file with a name as we desired. Lets say with name “CHOST.json”
- opened the file we created using vi editor.
- the “name” field mentioned there with our name like “CHost Profile”
- This concluded the custom profile creation in cPanel EasyApache 4
Now on we will be able to see the custom profile we created from Home » Software » EasyApache 4 area.
More details about will get from the cPanel docs available at below link.